Romeo and Juliet

 W O W

Living in Mexico City is such a cool experience. It still feels unreal. Every night while we eat dinner the sunset is beautiful. During study time you get to enjoy the warmth of the sun and the sounds of little birds flying around. If that's not enough, I'm here with some of the coolest people I've ever met.
GOOD:
- The CCM gained 127 new missionaries this week... my personal favorite has to be Hermana Wanlass. It's super SUPER weird to sit in the comedor at the same time at different tables but luckily we do get to talk a little while we wait in lines for our food. Our conversations are brief but they make me happy. Heavenly Father really wanted to test my obedience when he made her district's classroom literally across the hall from mine. Don't worry mom, we still follow all the rules. I'm glad she is here but it seriously feels like I've been thrown into a modern day Romeo and Juliet film.
- This week we got new teachers for both our morning and evening classes. One of our teachers left us because she was getting married so I guess I will let that one slide but our other teacher just got assigned to work with Emily's district instead of ours. Heavenly Father was definitely giggling as He made that one happen. Anyways our new teachers are Hermano Soto and Hermana Martinez. Love them both but it's tough to adjust to new teaching styles and expectations right in the middle of my time at the CCM.
- Elder Steen is the G.O.A.T. companion. He is practically fluent in Spanish but is also so humble he would never say that. We are constantly learning new words, reviewing memorization and having practice conversations. He is so patient with me, answers all my questions and has single handedly helped my Spanish improve from "upsetti spagetti you need helpi" to "kinda bad, BUT actually kinda good." Hahaha I am honestly super impressed with myself and where I am at as far as Spanish goes.
BETTER:
- Service projects at the CCM are super fun. We always get to help the employees who are all Native Speakers. This week while cleaning a casa, we got to meet and talk to a lady named Patricia who had to have been 5 feet tall... maximum. Literally her height is proportional to me, the same way I am to Elder Steen. This little woman was so kind and I loved seeing that I could actually understand her and she could understand me while we had a conversation. 
- On Valentine's Day, my district recorded and posted a video of us all singing "A Child's Prayer" but in Spanish! It was a super spiritual experience! Music has always been one of the ways I connect with heaven and although singing is NOT an area I have any skills in.. it was a time when I could feel Heavenly Father's love for me and all the members of my district. Go check it out on my Facebook if you have not had the chance yet.
- Later today, we get to have a devotional with DALE G. RENLUND! This is the first time the CCM has hosted a general authority since its reopening after the COVID closure. Over the past week we have been preparing by reading old talks by Elder Renlund and man that guy can give a good talk. We are all super excited to sit in the same room with him, feel his spirit and learn from him. Next week I will have to share some of my favorite messages from his devotional tonight. SUPER HYPED!!
BEST:
If it is important to you... it is important to God.
Simple but so powerful. This week I had some low points and while I struggled with the language, the pressure of a missionary lifestyle and other feelings or worries Heavenly Father always ALWAYS heard my prayers and helped me be okay. There is a STRONG power in prayer and I know that each time we humbly speak with God, He will help direct us through the dark times and help us feel peace with where we are at. I know Heavenly Father knows you personally and loves you perfectly. If something in your life is important to you, I know it is also important to Him.
"Work Hard, Keep the Commandments, Have a Positive Attitude, and Show Gratitude"
- Elder Spoonie jkjk Elder Stringham :)






Comments

Popular Posts