we are not in the RGV anymore

Hi!

This has been a very memorable week. Very excited to be here in Corpus Christi!
GOOD:
- The week began with transfers! It was very sad to say goodbye to all the amazing people I have come to love in Brownsville. I am looking forward to one day visiting them and going to South Padre Island with Joe and his friends. I loved my time in Brownsville! 
- Corpus Christi is beautiful. I am most definitely not in the RGV anymore. I haven't seen a street dog in a week and the people here seem to actually do yard work. I love driving, being able to see the ocean each day and enjoy this beautiful city. The ward is strong as well and this weekend I was able to help the Sisters in the ward by performing the Baptismal ordinance for their friend Alesha! Alesha was SO happy and grateful to be baptized. It brought such joy into my soul. Lots of amazing things happening here in Corpus.
- Elder Avila is super cool. He actually attended BYU the same time as me and took a bunch of the same classes as me. It's fun to serve with someone who has the same interests as me and can appreciate dance the way I do. The new responsibilities have kept me busy but I am definitely excited to be here and excited to grow this transfer.
BETTER:
- One of the friends that is getting taught here is a sweet older woman named Alicia. She joined us for church and is such a good woman. We are working really hard to help her have friends in the ward and resolve her fears about being baptized. She is a joy to teach. 
- We had the wonderful opportunity to begin teaching the father of a new member in Corpus. His name is Erasmo and he is so fun to teach. He may be a little older but he is smart and he loves learning. This week we had a few lessons with him and he made comments such as "Well boys, that was a very good lesson" and "I don't know why anyone would think any differently... this just makes so much sense." He loved studying in the pamphlets we started giving him and just received a Book of Mormon to begin studying. I am very much looking forward to continuing to help Erasmo learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The highlight of the week has been getting to know Sam! Sam is the brother of one of our members and this week the member called and asked if we could help her brother move into his new apartment. We met Sam at his new place and began helping him unload. He is a rocker and his U-Haul was full of drums, music stands and Beatles posters. Super funny guy. At the end of the project Sam expressed a desire to come to church and begin learning with us! We were able to teach him a few lessons, help him set a goal date for Baptism and join us for church this Sunday!
BEST:
"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens. 
And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed. 
And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away. 
And I said: Lord, how is it done? 
And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen."
I read the book of Enos this week and enjoyed every moment of it. I invite you all to pray in faith and like Enos to have a hungry soul. A soul hungry to grow, to learn, to repent and to be a strong disciple of Jesus Christ. 
LOVE YOU ALL. HAVE A HAPPY WEEK FULL OF JOY. 😁
"Work Hard, Keep the Commandments, Have a Positive Attitude and Show Gratitude."
- Elder Stringham


















Comments

Popular Posts